Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathfarnham pub ID?

Options
  • 07-07-2021 12:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭

Hi All,

Someone sent me this link earlier today to a Mike Murphy comedy sketch from 1981: https://www.rte.ie/archives/2021/0107/1188237-dublin-pubs-happy-hour/

There are 3 pubs in it.

The Tuning Fork I was able to identify fairly quickly.

Another pub in here is The Blue Haven. The "men only" sign on the inside door gave a hint (as it was still a men only establishment at the time) & when the camera zoomed out a bit I could see enough lettering to get a positive ID.

The pub with the whitewashed walls & wagon wheel window I'm still trying to figure out. Given that the Tuning Fork & Blue Haven are (or were rather in the case of the former) only a short distance from each other, I'm assuming that the other pub is not that far away.

Any ideas?

Comments

Advertisement