Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unrecognised transaction on account

• 06-07-2021 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

I purchased something for €15 at Dunnes last Friday but just looking at my account statement and was charged €115 (I didn’t take cash back) - what can I do now?b

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭mct1

Jen kelly wrote: »
    I purchased something for €15 at Dunnes last Friday but just looking at my account statement and was charged €115 (I didn’t take cash back) - what can I do now?b
    Was this a debit card tap? I would contact your bank's Customer Service, they should be able to reclaim this on your behalf. You probably wont have the receipt but then for a €15 purchase why would you? 

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Jen kelly

Hi
    It was a tap (am certain of this as I forgot my pin months ago for this card!!).
    Thanks for advice. I’ll do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

I'd say shop assistant put in wrong amount, contact the store or go in and if you get nowhere the contact bank.

• Registered Users Posts: 599 ✭✭✭poppers

I'd say shop assistant put in wrong amount, contact the store or go in and if you get nowhere the contact bank.

Doubt that, You cannot tap for €115

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

poppers wrote: »

If you're phone is unlocked, the 50 limit doesn't apply, some retailers (I think) have limits set on their own machines.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

poppers wrote: »

Now you say that, definitely has to be bank error them doesn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,287 ✭✭✭givyjoe

givyjoe wrote: »
    If you're phone is unlocked, the 50 limit doesn't apply, some retailers (I think) have limits set on their own machines.

https://support.google.com/pay/answer/7644132?co=GENIE.Platform%3DAndroid&hl=en
    As per Google Pay, those limits are on a locked device.
    Go back to Dunnes, the stores credit card end of day should have been out by 100€ on that day if they did indeed make a mistake.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 265 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Megan

Hi Jen,

Thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie.

If this transaction is still showing on your account, please log into the app, select services and then send us a message option. Alternatively, please call our customer service team on 0818365365. One of my colleagues will be happy to help.

Thanks, Megan

Advertisement