Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

MRI results very confused different medical Diagnosis

• 06-07-2021 9:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 26,920 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all,

I had a long awaited MRI scan on my left Knee, shocking pain which has spread. As scan requested for knee only, that's all scan focused on.but over 3 years pain has spread.

Got a call from orthedpedic registrar about two weeks later, he explained full image still not accessible due to cyber attack but from what he could see, he was confident Arthritis evident. He was to write to my GP and recommend treatment, medication etc.

Two weeks on and I'd heard nothing and the pain becoming unbearable, in desperation I dropped a note into GP surgery, she was good enough to call me next morning. She'd heard nothing, she went to chase up, called me later and there's a disagreement as to actual diagnosis, to be fair full image was not accessible. The opinion now is a weakening of bone structure under knee cap, I can't even spell what the diagnosis is called.

My GP has prescribed Stong pain relief and sleep medication, I've a Thyroid disease that causes serious insomnia, the Leg pain combined with insomnia made sleeping near impossible, GP has requested an emergency review, she knows I'm not prone to exaggeration re pain and because of my Thyroid issues knows I'm always cautious re medications.

My questions if anyone can advise. Is it unusual to have differing opinions on an MRI scan, I wish I could share what the diagnosis is, it's something under my knee cap but as explained pain has spread beyond knee. I'm really concerned, pain was bareable for 3 years, now I've developed a limp, pain severe and even driving difficult. Oddly walking no issue but sitting or resting leg, horrendous.

Thanks, sorry for long post, just wanted to add context

Is maith an scáthán súil charad.

Advertisement