Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What would help you - primary school?

Options
  • 06-07-2021 12:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭

I am a primary teacher and am looking at developing something to help parents at home. I am just wondering what would be most beneficial for parents? What areas do you find tricky? What would you find most useful? What class level is your child in?

Comments

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I don't understand what you mean - you want to develop something to help me at home? Could you give an example of what you are thinking either parents might need or what you have that they might find useful?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,818 ✭✭✭jlm29

The only thing I really find tricky at the moment is remembering to get the homework done! I don’t know could anybody help me with that!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

No homework. Our school dropped it this year and its been life changing.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

Our school went very light on homework this year when they went back and I was really glad of it - it's been a tough year for them too. Instead they invested in a fair bit of sports equipment and had them out doing various sports rain or shine.

That's far better for them and their mental health until life goes back to some semblance of normality. Academically they'll catch up fine as they are all in the same boat.

Advertisement