We have updated our Privacy Notice, you can read the updated document here
Mods please check the Moderators Group for an important update on Mod tools. If you do not have access to the group, please PM Niamh. Thanks!

10km race for blind and partially sighted runners

Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,036 mod robinph

Bristol Great Run 10km will host a race for blind and partially sighted runners for the first time in the Bristol 10km on 19th September this year.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-bristol-57682428.amp

Unfortunately, this year with everything else in the world I've no idea what the travel situation is likely to be then, but from listening to the Free Weekly Timed podcast a few weeks ago I know there is a community of VI runners and guides at parkruns in Ireland. If anyone knows of that group that was on FWT then letting them know about this would be great. Even if no one can get over this year it will hopefully be a success and next year may be possible.

If anyone is interested then let me know as I know the guys who set this up, and have put myself forward to guide as well for someone who's travelling in from another part of the UK without their own guide.

Society & Culture