Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Golf for 7 and 9 year old girls

• 06-07-2021 9:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭ murphyebass

I recently got into golf. I joined a club that have a pitch and put course as well.

I’d like to get my girls into it and could use the pitch and putt course to give them a flavour for it.

But I’m having trouble with what clubs to get them bearing in mind they might not like it so I don’t want to spent a fortune!

On decathlon’s site they have a set for 5-7 but no next step up for say 8-10.

Even if I could get a pitching wedge and a putter that’d be enough to get them started and see if they like it

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 16,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭ slave1

Try used, I bought a used set with mini driver, an iron, a wedge and a putter and carry bag for something like €40, perfect for that age group.
    Tried it on all three of my daughters but alas to no avail....

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭ murphyebass

slave1 wrote: »
    Try used, I bought a used set with mini driver, an iron, a wedge and a putter and carry bag for something like €40, perfect for that age group.
    Tried it on all three of my daughters but alas to no avail....

Hadn’t thought of that. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 19,573 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance

You can pick up a few clubs in Sports Direct for very little. I find the store itself can have more of a selection than online sometimes so worth a trip if close by.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-ikon-irons-junior-871017#colcode=87101708

Failing that, try out your local pro, they might have a few to get started or might cut down a putter for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,549 ✭✭✭ murphyebass

PARlance wrote: »
    You can pick up a few clubs in Sports Direct for very little. I find the store itself can have more of a selection than online sometimes so worth a trip if close by.

https://ie.sportsdirect.com/slazenger-ikon-irons-junior-871017#colcode=87101708

Failing that, try out your local pro, they might have a few to get started or might cut down a putter for you.

I went down to sports direct in blanch yesterday but the selection was brutal. Maybe just low stock or high demand. Either way didn’t have a putter so I left it.

Tbh I’ll most likely go the second hand route now. They seem to go quick on adverts though so I’ll need to be sharp!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,573 ✭✭✭✭ PARlance

I went down to sports direct in blanch yesterday but the selection was brutal. Maybe just low stock or high demand. Either way didn’t have a putter so I left it.

Tbh I’ll most likely go the second hand route now. They seem to go quick on adverts though so I’ll need to be sharp!

Have spotted a few on facebook marketplace as well. My kids are 7 & 8 and our course has just opened a P&P, they love it. Great to get them into it at an early age.

• Advertisement
Advertisement