Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to replace saddle

Options
  • 06-07-2021 7:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭

I have a Genesis CDA bike with Genesis saddle but find it uncomfortable.
    I have tried a Brookes b17 but find it very unsupportive.
    I found a friend's Rock City Sdg ( on a cube bike) comfy but it gets few stars.
    Can someone point me in the right direction.
    Am 100 kg if that makes any difference
    Thanks

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 20,811 Mod ✭✭✭✭Brian?

Are you sure it's the saddle that's the problem? Have you had a bike fit done properly?

Since I started getting my fit done properly I've never had a problem with saddle soreness

they/them/theirs

And so on, and so on …. - Slavoj Žižek

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mirrormatrix

Depends on your issue. Not all saddles work for all people. Personally, a cut-out saddle works very well for me. Having said that, i've been in agony on my current saddle in the past because I removed/replaced it and didn't get the angle right.

It's a combination of things - I would suggest, like Brian has, that you get a bike fit. Much cheaper in the long run than trying out loads of saddles!

• Registered Users Posts: 874 ✭✭✭byrnem31

https://www.decathlon.ie/mtb-saddles/142565-26937-100-sport-comfort-bike-saddle-black.html#/429-demodelsize-254/17673-demodelcolor-8351027

I got that, it's very comfortable, looks nice too and only 20 quid.
    I was on it for 4 hours recently not a bother.

• Registered Users Posts: 531 ✭✭✭lissard

I changed my saddle last year and opted for a Fabric one. There were three geometry options depending on the way you normally cycle - flat, shallow and radius (think they aped the system Fizik has). The first one being for the most flexible lads and the last being for the least flexible. I thought I wasn't flexible so I went for the Radius option - turned out it was totally wrong for me and I knew after 20 minutes riding. I brought the saddle back and tried out the middle option - worked perfectly. I guess the point I'm trying to make is whatever saddle you chose there should be the option to try it out and change it if it's wrong. Also the bike fit is very important - make sure that's right before changing anything.

Advertisement