Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

If you need a job

Options
  • 06-07-2021 5:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,717 ✭✭✭

Would you become a religious minister even if you though it was a load of bull?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,062 ✭✭✭Jequ0n

Why wouldn’t you? People are idiots and want to be fooled so you are I am sure it can be fun.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,036 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

YFlyer wrote: »
    Would you become a religious minister even if you though it was a load of bull?

The brainy second son of a farmer’s choice - the priesthood or the Royal Irish Constabulary….. been going on for quite some time.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Do you think it all went downhill when they gave God a conscious and said prayer was about asking for things? Originally I think the concept of "God" was a just basic higher power like the sun, weather, economy, seasons. Stuff we can't control but if we're good diligent people and have faith in those things which are out of our control, and behave like the kind of person who is rewarded by those things, good things will generally come? That's essentially it really isn't it, if you take away the guy in the clouds crap.

It's just the bible writers couldn't figure out how to articulate that so they came up with this whole story which was easier to teach and believe back then but just doesn't work anymore, and nowadays people don't have the ability to get back to the original idea so they're just depressed/anxious/lost to whatever triggers their dopamine levels instead of giving themselves up to these higher powers around us which can bring us so much happiness if we just get off our backsides and work for them properly.

Meh, maybe I'll just drink another coffee and check my Insta.

Advertisement