Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Identify bird call - How should I share the file?

Options
  • 05-07-2021 11:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭

I keep hearing a bird at dusk but birdNET doesn't know what it is. What's the best way to share an audio file here? It's currently in WAV format.

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

Does it sounds like a slow squeak/screech, like someone slowly opening a rusty gate?

If so, Long Eared Owl chicks, and please log the record via the link below! https://bwi.maps.arcgis.com/apps/GeoForm/index.html?appid=ea8c3ee7f1a04dbaa984e71b89c6f82c

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

No, I know that call. This one is croaks (two long, two short) and a tweet. The tweet is definitely the same bird, not some other bird interjecting, it's the same every time. Birdnet's 'wild guess' is a raven and there are plenty of ravens in the area but the glimpses I have caught don't look like a raven. Maybe I'm wrong and it's a specific "heading home for the night" call that ravens make, different from their usual repertoire of sounds. Whatever it is seems to follow the roads in the woods on its flight.
    Is there no way to share audio on boards?

• Registered Users Posts: 854 ✭✭✭beveragelady

It was a woodcock!

Advertisement