Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mavic Cosmic Carbone wheel repair

Options
  • 05-07-2021 5:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭

Is it possible to glue back the plastic fairing to the rim on one of these wheels?
    Asking for a friend, its coming away slightly at the brake track apparently.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 848 ✭✭✭gn3dr

Charlie69 wrote: »
    Is it possible to glue back the plastic fairing to the rim on one of these wheels?

Apparently it is. I bought a set recently that need this done. Came with some 3M adhesive . I haven't actually got around to doing it yet though. From what I can see, they might have been glued slightly off centre first day with either the carbon or the glue being touched by the brake blocks which possibly caused the localised issue. Once I actually get around to it I'll
    let you know if it works.

• Registered Users Posts: 927 ✭✭✭nicksnikita

Charlie69 wrote: »

Common enough issue on the older Cosmics.
    Have a search of the online forums or consult the lbs for best advice.

Advertisement