Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Decent everyday handbag/tote, not too expensive?

Options
  • 05-07-2021 4:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭

As the title says - I'm looking for a new handbag/tote for everyday wear and also for work, so I'd like something that's a decent size and reasonably stylish. Thing is, I really have no knowledge of, or interest in, handbags. Could someone recommend a particular brand that can fit everything you need on a daily basis and even a few small bits from a quick stop off in the supermarket on the way home lol.

As this is just for everyday wear, I don't want to spend a fortune but would probably spend €100 or so on something I liked.

Any ideas/recs/shops to check out?

Comments

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭Twee.

Definitely check out TK Maxx if there's one near you, they have every shape, size and colour.

Kilkenny Shop isn't bad for bags either https://www.kilkennyshop.com/women/bags-wallets?price=50-100

• Registered Users Posts: 2,589 ✭✭✭DoozerT6

Thanks Twee, I'll check out TK Maxx, I never even thought of them - not somewhere I usually go lol.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,443 ✭✭✭ams

Definitely second TK Maxx - always pick up excellent quality leather bags there!

M&S can be good for a decent quality (plainish!) bag or I'd check Asos and Zalando also.

Sounds like you need a tote if you want to be able to hold a good bit of stuff.

I always have a cross body plus a cloth tote to carry all my bits and pieces as I dont travel light :)

Yeah, I have decided a brown crossbody tote with zipper closing is what I want. I would prefer to shop in person, I think you have to actually see and feel things to make an informed purchase. I almost never buy clothing etc online for that reason. I did actually pop up to TK Maxx earlier, they didn't have what I was looking for, plenty of nice totes but not enough decent crossbody ones.

Update, I got pretty much exactly what I wanted in Next's sale, down from €47 to €21.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Tk max

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭Shark7

Tk max

• Registered Users Posts: 7 clothes hanger

Another vote for txmaxx or even jdm Maxx

Advertisement