Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Queries on a pre-purchase survey

Options
  • 05-07-2021 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

hello everyone,

I am posting to get some advice from people in the property sector - We got a survey on a house that we recently went sale agreed on. We are happy with the house but paid 45 k more than the asking. its a terraced house built in 1840's.

The surveyor highlighted several issues - including some dampness in walls (not regarded as serious but it showed up on the moisture meter)

To the front there is a PVC gutter that is poorly fixed to the fascia, it is dipping in the centre and needs to be made good.

there appears to be a section of gutter behind the chimney, weeds are growing in the area and these need to be cleared away to inspect the lead and flashing in the area of the abutment.
    Surveyor expected that some tidying up and making good will be required to this abutment.

No access to front attic space to determine if its insulated.
    Not able to see if the oil boiler is in working order.

My question is can I , as the the purchaser ask for these things to be remedied or for a reduction in the sale price. I don't want to come across as unreasonable but we paid way over the asking price and I don't want to be paying out straight after moving if these issues can be dealt with prior to the sale.

Any thoughts/comments would be sincerely appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

Yes you can ask, and yes you can negotiate the price based on the survey results and this is a standard thing to happen.

But the seller can also say No to all your requests.

Advertisement