Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Aritech keypad

• 05-07-2021 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭

Hi all , an elderly neighbour has an aritech alarm which is working fine but the buttons on the keypad have to be pressed really firmly to register . I fit my own alarm a few years back , but am not up to date on alarms and my own was a HKC.
    Has anyone dealt with an issue like this before? I was tempted to open the keypad and try clean the contacts but am weary of tamper going off and been unable to unset the alarm which might be upsetting for the woman . I'm obviously not going to charge her but if it's something simple I could fix I will, save someone else coming out and maybe saying replace the lot .
    Thanks in advance .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,633 ✭✭✭✭altor

new2tri19 wrote: »
    Hi all , an elderly neighbour has an aritech alarm which is working fine but the buttons on the keypad have to be pressed really firmly to register . I fit my own alarm a few years back , but am not up to date on alarms and my own was a HKC.
    Has anyone dealt with an issue like this before? I was tempted to open the keypad and try clean the contacts but am weary of tamper going off and been unable to unset the alarm which might be upsetting for the woman . I'm obviously not going to charge her but if it's something simple I could fix I will, save someone else coming out and maybe saying replace the lot .
    Thanks in advance .

It could be a dirty contact when key is pressed.
    May just need to clean under the buttons.

• Registered Users Posts: 530 ✭✭✭new2tri19

altor wrote: »
    It could be a dirty contact when key is pressed.
    May just need to clean under the buttons.

Thanks 👍 do you know if there is a tamper on them keypads ? My concern is opening it and not been able to unset it then

• Registered Users Posts: 11,633 ✭✭✭✭altor

new2tri19 wrote: »
    Thanks 👍 do you know if there is a tamper on them keypads ? My concern is opening it and not been able to unset it then

Yes the tamper will activate the alarm but just put in the user code.

Advertisement