Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish electrician looking to work in London Info

Options
  • 05-07-2021 7:28am
    Registered Users Posts: 28

Hi as above looking to move to London in the next couple of months for work, if anyone has any info on any certs, courses I need to do that would be great. Thanks.

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 12,536 Mod ✭✭✭✭2011

Ryans1993 wrote: »
    Hi as above looking to move to London in the next couple of months for work, if anyone has any info on any certs, courses I need to do that would be great. Thanks.

I know this may seem a stupid question, but I have to ask:
    In general are Irish people allowed to work in the UK as they are no longer part of the EU ?

• Registered Users Posts: 272 ✭✭RandomUsername

2011 wrote:
    I know this may seem a stupid question, but I have to ask: In general are Irish people allowed to work in the UK as they are no longer part of the EU ?

Yea the common travel agreement that was in place before the Eu is still in place, however the qualifications don't transfer very well, you'll need to do latest (18th) edition exams and more. I don't know much more than that.

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

There is a London Irish page there on Facebook good way of getting contact with electricians over there. That page is not electrical specific but a general page but very friendly and helpful people on it.

Advertisement