Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Received one week ban from Biko

Options
  • 04-07-2021 11:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭

I received a one week ban for using the word wanker in a one line post. Yes I understand I shouldn't have used it and should have been warned, infracted etc. I feel that receiving a one week ban is completely over the top. I wasn't arguing with anybody or anything like that in fact it was a 19 post thread that just fizzled out. It was created on the 26th of June and I actually had to ask Biko for a link to the thread as I couldn't find it as a logged out user (I couldn't remember what it was called) . I have tried over the course of the day to appeal it with him but he just gives me one line answers and won't reply at all now. I asked some questions regarding how this post was brought to his attention but he refuses to answer.
    Here's a link to the now edited thread with my line removed, https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=117549202#post117549202
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64,945 ✭✭✭✭unkel

I've looked into this for you.
    CoBo55 wrote: »
    I received a one week ban for using the word wanker in a one line post. Yes I understand I shouldn't have used it

I think we can leave it at that. You have 4 previous bans from the motors forum alone. You've used up all leeway that you will ever get in there. You needed to be of your best possible behaviour. But you weren't, by your own admission. So you got ban #5. I can't see any reason to reverse it, so it stands. I'd advise you to be very careful of what you post in the forum again. If you should be banned again, I can't see why any moderator should not make the next forum ban permanent.

If you can't live with my decision and you want an admin to look into this case for you, please let us know.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭CoBo55

I feel I'm being specifically moderated by Biko as he refuses to answer my questions. I got warned and warned only for a post in another area that was misinterpreted by other posters and it was reported by them. I apologised and the mod accepted my apology and also accepted that I wasn't targeting anyone specifically, job done, everyone moved on. What I would like to know is why did my particular line get singled out by biko and removed when other posters used the same word and their posts weren't removed? Was my post reported which brought it to bikos attention? I would just like to know the mechanism that biko used?

• Registered Users Posts: 64,945 ✭✭✭✭unkel

CoBo55 wrote: »
    I would just like to know the mechanism that biko used?

The only way to find that out is to ask biko.

Are you ok with the outcome of this procedure or do you want an admin to review it for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,830 ✭✭✭CoBo55

unkel wrote: »
    The only way to find that out is to ask biko.

Are you ok with the outcome of this procedure or do you want an admin to review it for you?

I asked biko but he refused to answer.

I'm not ok with the outcome as I think the length of ban is totally inappropriate for what was said. I don't agree that offences should be cumulative as nowhere is it stated in the charter that this is the case. If you commit an offence, do your ban, accept your warning etc it should be left at that.
    I would like a review from an admin as I would like to know why my post was singled out over others in the same thread who used the offensive word too. Bikos tone was quite hostile and threatening when I tried to sort it via PM as is recommended in the charter.

Advertisement