Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Overrated/underrated

Options
  • 04-07-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭

Just a thread to post one (or one of each) and defend your position if challenged.

Overrated - barbecues. Gas bbqs don't taste any better than cooking indoors and there's a **** load of cleaning involved. Charcoal ones are difficult to get going and cook stuff through.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,954 ✭✭✭Degag

Underrated: An ice cold can of coke when hungover.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,841 ✭✭✭✭Mam of 4

OverRated - Prosecco.
    Tastes like rank vinegar to me .

• Registered Users Posts: 3,927 ✭✭✭0ph0rce0

Overrated- Anal

You have to be careful and go slow or you'll rip her arse to shreds, 9/10 times she's crying and then you need to wash the **** stank off your flute.

Handier to just lob it in the other hole.

Overrated: weed culture......have no issue with people smoking up,but making it their entire personality and only pasttime is dull as dishwater

Underrated: lidl,the bakery is lovely,food is fresh as fcum and frozen food is nicer than supervalu

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

everlast75 wrote: »
    Just a thread to post one (or one of each) and defend your position if challenged.

Overrated - barbecues. Gas bbqs don't taste any better than cooking indoors and there's a **** load of cleaning involved. Charcoal ones are difficult to get going and cook stuff through.

https://twitter.com/jbarro/status/1410631953460641796

Found your twitter anyway! :pac:

Overrated: White Claw, or any other sort of seltzer based drink. Fecking USA invasion

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,244 ✭✭✭Brid Hegarty

Overrated - Kodaline

• Registered Users Posts: 293 ✭✭Fils

0ph0rce0 wrote: »
    Overrated- Anal

You have to be careful and go slow or you'll rip her arse to shreds, 9/10 times she's crying and then you need to wash the **** stank off your flute.

Handier to just lob it in the other hole.

That’s a one way street.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

Had one today. Multiple parts need to be taken out and scrubbed. Greasy as **** too.

Besides, how often do we get bbq weather?

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Apparently you can get a gas flame one which lights the charcoal for you until it's up and running. That's the one I want, if it exists.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭The Floyd p

Had one today. Multiple parts need to be taken out and scrubbed. Greasy as **** too.

Besides, how often do we get bbq weather?

I agree tbh, unless you're in a professional setting, most meats can be kitchen made. Ribs probably benefit from BBQ more, but how often are they being made

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭Tilden Katz

And charcoal BBQs take AGES between everything before you actually get to sit down and eat. My sister and bro-in-law did BBQ for us a few weeks ago. 1.5 hours of waiting for chicken drumsticks, asparagus and chips. Was it nice? Sure. Was it worth the wait? Fuck, no. And I’ve had better drumsticks many times that took about half in an hour in the oven. They were rhapsodising about smokiness I couldn’t really detect. Then we had BBQed bananas which, again, they rhapsodised about but I really didn’t enjoy the texture.

What I do like about BBQs though is the social aspect, especially if we are actually lucky enough to get the weather. So I’m not a total curmudgeon about them. Sitting outside in balminess with friends and family is always a good time.

Though I will admit, my father-in-law did the tastiest steaks I’ve eaten in my life on his BBQ a few weeks back. And it was a gas BBQ. Charcoal BBQ bores are... fun. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 5,669 ✭✭✭The J Stands for Jay

Pretty easy to get it going with one of these bad boys: https://www.arboretum.ie/shop/products/weber-bbqs/weber-bbq-accessories/bbq-starters/portable-chimney-starter.html

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 90,827 Mod ✭✭✭✭Capt'n Midnight

And charcoal BBQs take AGES between everything before you actually get to sit down and eat.

From Sept 3, 1994 BBQ in 3 seconds.

• Registered Users Posts: 443 ✭✭TP_CM

Over-rated: Getting high points in the Leaving Certificate. It tends to lead to a very demanding college course which leads to a very demanding career.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,067 ✭✭✭✭everlast75

I suffer from revenge bed time procrastination... basically I refuse to go to bed early.

So my underrated is - getting an early night...on purpose.

• Registered Users Posts: 491 ✭✭Major Lovechild

Van Morrison

Wo ist die Gemütlichkeit?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,711 ✭✭✭keano_afc

Overrated: New Years Eve.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭sully123

Underated: Simple stretching daily

Overrated: Capitalism

Underrated: Eating arse

• Registered Users Posts: 8,935 ✭✭✭Gregor Samsa

Overrated: Rating things
    Underrated: Contradictions

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,590 ✭✭✭Dues Bellator

Over rated Samsung S21 Ultra also its iPhone equivalent.

Over €1200 euro for a phone that has the very same specs as a phone half that price, ok you're getting that samsung screen but is it really work forking out 1200 blips. I'd buy the Samsung s21 FE and be done with it,

Just my opinion be kind.

From Sept 3, 1994 BBQ in 3 seconds.

Groovy. It's been a while since I visited A&E!

I suffer from revenge bed time procrastination... basically I refuse to go to bed early.

So my underrated is - getting an early night...on purpose.

Me, my whole life. Well, once puberty hit. I was perennially exhausted in school. But absolutely refused to go to bed before 1am.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Overrated: weed culture......have no issue with people smoking up,but making it their entire personality and only pasttime is dull as dishwater

Does the same apply to anyone who spends all their time doing 1 thing that isn't smoking weed?

Overated: Fashion, the rich people who make the expensive clothes are the ones telling you that you need to wear the latest and greatest trend... idiots.

Underated: Gaming. If people just got over their biased view that it's for kids, they might actually have a bit of fun!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Mam of 4 wrote: »
    OverRated - Prosecco.
    Tastes like rank vinegar to me .

Blue Nun passed through a Soda Stream

• Registered Users Posts: 6,266 ✭✭✭alias no.9

They're the business alright but the ones you get for a couple of € in MrPrice will do the job just as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,274 ✭✭✭FintanMcluskey

sully123 wrote: »
    Underated: Simple stretching daily

Absolutely

It’s builds muscle when done correctly and prevents injury.

Overrated: steak, even tender cuts can be grizzly

Underrated: offal such as lambs heart etc. nutrient dense, tender delicious and costs a few cents

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Mecrab

Does the same apply to anyone who spends all their time doing 1 thing that isn't smoking weed?
    Underated: Gaming. If people just got over their biased view that it's for kids, they might actually have a bit of fun!

Google says 3.1 billion people game, definitely not underrated unless you asked over 50s..

• Registered Users Posts: 13,834 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Ah yeah, but I suppose I said it more because my own circle of friends has quite a few of the "gaming is for children" attitude. They don't like when I point out they're doing it when playing Clash of Clans or some other stupid mobile game.

• Advertisement
Advertisement