Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faded Rooftiles

Options
  • 04-07-2021 6:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

My rooftiles are in good condition but are somewhat faded and don't look as sharp as a new slate roof for example. Is there any treatment such as point or sealer that I could apply to the roof?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

Are they concrete tiles, or roofing slates.

There are paint products for both.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Belnord

They are concrete rooftiles.
    Do you know if the paints are successful / longlasting?

Thanks

B

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,065 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

I have no experience of paint on either slates or tiles, but I know they are available.

I would expect concrete paints to be very successful on concrete tiles, as the nature of the
    concrete material would enhance the adhesion, more so than slates. As concrete would have a
    more porous surface than slate, so it better absorb the paint.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,230 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

why would you bother, they are doing their job, painting them is not necessary for them to function and is also a unnecessary carbon heavy activity.

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement