Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Trip mileage higher than odometer on new car

• 03-07-2021 5:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 slo007

I purchased a new car and took it out for a drive 1st time today. Whilst scrolling through the displays, I noticed the trip mileage is 15km higher than the official odometer mileage. i.e. "long term" trip says 60km, odometer says 45km.

Does VW have a habit of resetting the odometer at the factory, is this fishy, or just bad programming?

Pic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,714 ✭✭✭ Neilw

slo007 wrote: »
    I purchased a new car and took it out for a drive 1st time today. Whilst scrolling through the displays, I noticed the trip mileage is 15km higher than the official odometer mileage. i.e. "long term" trip says 60km, odometer says 45km.

Does VW have a habit of resetting the odometer at the factory, is this fishy, or just bad programming?

Pic

During pdi the mileage may have been reset on the odometer if there were a few extra km’s on it. I wouldn’t worry about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72,775 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm

The dealer can reset it once it’s under a certain number AFAIK.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,966 ✭✭✭✭ wotzgoingon

Burn it there must be 100,000 undocumented km's on there now.

• Registered Users Posts: 52 slo007

Burn it there must be 100,000 undocumented km's on there now.

On so many cars...

At least mine still smelled new.

• Registered Users Posts: 37 Innov

That could happen as the odometer can be reset by the dealer and they forget to reset the trip meter

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 50,137 ✭✭✭✭ bazz26

Just like this thread....

Advertisement