Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Beech wood for sale

Options
  • 03-07-2021 1:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

I have a beech tree that was felled this week, and am looking to sell the wood. Looking for €350 for the lot.

Located in Malahide.

Thanks,

SVI40

Comments

SVI40 wrote: »
    Hi All,

I have a beech tree that was felled this week, and am looking to sell the wood. Looking for €350 for the lot.

Located in Malahide.

Thanks,

SVI40

LOL. Felled?

That’s firewood, when it’s split and dried.

If you get an offer 20% of your asking, take the offer.

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Biker1

Such a shame it wasn't cut into decent lengths so it could be milled for furniture making. You might be able to sell it to wood turners. Please don't sell it as firewood.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 5,057 Mod ✭✭✭✭kadman

It would have been beautiful if it was planked, but its too late now.

Have to agree with jz, its nothing more than firewood now. That tree had some value,
    now I would be surprised if you got 50 euro for it.

The only way for anyone trying to recoup the cost of felling a tree, especially one this big,
    is to plank it. I have seen so many beautiful lumps of timber, turned into ashes.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭SVI40

kadman wrote: »
    It would have been beautiful if it was planked, but its too late now.

Have to agree with jz, its nothing more than firewood now. That tree had some value,
    now I would be surprised if you got 50 euro for it.

The only way for anyone trying to recoup the cost of felling a tree, especially one this big,
    is to plank it. I have seen so many beautiful lumps of timber, turned into ashes.

If only I had known at the time. Oh well. :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 48,386 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

as mentioned, woodturners might be interested, but wouldn't be interested in paying much money. beech is a grand wood for turning - it's easy enough to turn, but it's not that interesting. you'd probably have people calling around if the wood was free, but were you to charge much more than a fiver for one of the chunks, they probably wouldn't show.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,195 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

SVI40 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Located in Malahide.

Thanks,

SVI40

there is/was a wood turner on this site that used to live on the swords road up across from ANM, will try recall his moniker here.
    PM sent to him with this link

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

Advertisement