Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

iPhone 11 full bars and 3G/4G but data not working

• 02-07-2021 8:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭

Having an issue with my iPhone 11 the last few months where I lose mobile data but I still have full signal bars and 3G & 4G. Mainly happens in the warehouse I work in but also happened today when I drove up the North.

To fix it I have to stand outside and take the sim card out and put it back in. Then it usually goes again when I head back inside. Nobody else who's with Eir or Go-Mo has this issue in my job.

However today when I was up north I had no data at all even though it was showing 3G & 4G and received the text from Eir when you cross the border telling you that your calls, text and data as part of your plan will still work. Removing the sim didn't work in this case.

Not sure if it's my phone or Eir that's the issue. Don't usually have any other issues with data, it's usually spot on any other time.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,050 ✭✭✭bop1977

Do you have data roaming switched on or off.

Settings>mobile data>mobile data options>data roaming.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,053 ✭✭✭Sexual Chocolate

bop1977 wrote: »
    Do you have data roaming switched on or off.

Settings>mobile data>mobile data options>data roaming.

Switched on it is.

Advertisement