Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can't book bike on Irish Rail

Options
  • 01-07-2021 9:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭

I've tried to book a bike on a train from Dublin to Galway and can't. No matter what date I chose.
    I've booked it in the past (pre covid) without issues.
    Is there some reason due to Covid that's preventing me?

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,852 Mod ✭✭✭✭Weepsie

I can, but that's on a random Wednesday or something.

I'd say weekend bookings are fairly sold out though

• Registered Users Posts: 12,863 ✭✭✭✭crosstownk

I just booked me and the bike on the Sligo train both ways and both on Saturdays in August. No problem at all. Five minutes ago.

I booked two flexible fare single journeys rather than a return journey.

• Registered Users Posts: 78 ✭✭Don Juan II

It's strange. I wasn't signed into my account on Irishrail.ie last night
    This morning I signed in and managed to book a train for Sunday with a bike no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭mazza

I had the same problem.

There seem to be two different points you can add the bike (one before selecting train, one after, as I remember it).

The "before" one never gives availability. Whether you're logged in or not, changes which of these two bikes options are displayed.

Something like that. Anyway, the website seems to be broken in this way...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,134 ✭✭✭maxamillius

I looked at this last week, if you search within the site “how to book a bike” it takes you to a help page, Within that help page it gives you a link to what I think is the old booking site, this should allow you to book the bike. I don’t think they updated there new booking page or something along those lines

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 5,742 Mod ✭✭✭✭Quackster

Anyone know what the story is with bikes on the Enterprise?

I would have thought that since they added the generator vans, there would be ample storage but any train I check allows booking no more than four spaces. If you just rock up without a bike booking, will you be told where to go..??

Advertisement