Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jury Service/Duty

Options
  • 01-07-2021 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭

Was recently called up for duty/service, but due to illness i wasnt able to attend selection.
    I rang up said "i was ill", woman said "okay , ill mark you out sick".

Is that it then?
    What happens next? Will i still be called.
    I was legitimately sick, and i dont mind attending, but i was wondering does anyone know if i will still be called up , or am i finished ?

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... "

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

They usually look for proof of illness....

You could be called again yes.
    The only way you will never be called is if they take you off.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,266 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

Ahh ok.
    Thats fine. Thanks ..

• Registered Users Posts: 78,278 ✭✭✭✭Victor

There is a form with the summons that you should complete and return, explaining that you phoned already.

Victor wrote: »
    There is a form with the summons that you should complete and return, explaining that you phoned already.

oh .... :confused: :eek:

The form is for not turning up ?

The only way you will never be called is if they take you off.

Or... Become a priest, or any other excused professions.

Here's what you need to do OP: "You cannot be excused from jury service over the phone"

https://www.courts.ie/jury-service-information-exemption

• Advertisement

The slight difference is that i didnt ask to be excused, i had replied and agreed to be part of the jury selection.
    Unfortunately i had a bad reaction after jab, was off work for 2 days, and there was no way i could attend .

I rang the number on the leaflets, and told them i was sick and could not travel, the woman said Thats ok, ill mark you off sick.

• Registered Users Posts: 467 ✭✭nj27

It’s very easy to not do it if you don’t want to, but I do consider it a dooty (duty).

• Registered Users Posts: 798 ✭✭✭Yyhhuuu

I'm so glad this thread is also called Jury Service. (Jury Duty sounds so American.)

Update -

Recieved a letter yesterday to inform me i will not be considered for jury service.

Advertisement