Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Divorce with uncooperative (ex) spouse.

Options
  • 30-06-2021 1:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭

I've been separtaed since 2017 and have been trying to a divorce sorted through the courts since the beginning on 2020.
    The main problem is that my "ex" does not respond to any communication from either myself or my solicitor.
    No letters get answered and none of the requireed information (like statement of means etc) has been provided.
    We had a court date scheduled a month ago and she got a solicitor to show up at the last minute requestingand receiving a postponement.
    She was also give 2 weeks to provide the affadavit of means etc. Those 2 weeks have now passed again without any response.
    Spoke to my solicitor who said that the court, at the next hearing, will order her to provide these documents.
    It's beyond ridiculous at this stage as there os very little to agree on aside from maintenance and access to children (most of whom are adults).
    Just very frustrating but I wonder if anyone alse had similar experiences and if there are ways to speeds things up.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,817 ✭✭✭howamidifferent

It's been many years but I had a similar experience years ago with a spouse who refused point blank to engage a solicitor or reply to any mail. Eventually after 5 years I got it into court where a judge made orders to resolve the issues in question, no kids but a family and pension were involved. Unless somethings changed it seems there is no consequence to ignoring the process.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Mad really isn't it?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,724 ✭✭✭Dilbert75

You'd think it'd become a contempt of court charge long before that.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭mayhem#

Dilbert75 wrote: »
    You'd think it'd become a contempt of court charge long before that.

Apparently not. It seems that one can get away with a lot.
    I wonder how it will influence the judge's opinion once it actually comes down to handling the divorce applcation...

Advertisement