Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

New ACS at Durrow, Laois County

• 29-06-2021 10:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,913 ✭✭✭

A new automatic climate station (ACS) came online yesterday just east of Durrow in Laois County. This site is exactly 1km away from the current manual climatological station (MCS) and my own automatic weather station (AWS).

The data is available in half-hourly intervals through the Weather Observations Website (WOW) at https://wow.met.ie/stations/20210629tstujns3dwe6zq16yyb96spf9h

The ACS is in on open farmland atop a slight gravel ridge some ~200m in from the banks of the river Nore.

A zoomed in photo of the station from my location:

557161.jpg

I will try and get closer photos of the setup in the coming days as I know the farmer.

Comments

Advertisement