Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Virgin media Hub 2.0 port forwarding

Options
  • 29-06-2021 2:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 277 ✭✭

hi all,

(my question in last paragraph)

Firstly i have been searching and i see the Virgin media forum is now closed so im unsure where to start with on this as the virgin media website is woefully lacking on information and support information.

i have a virgin media hub 2.0 it says as i lot in but it looks like the new 4.0 and have the V6 box.

this hub

https://www.virginmedia.ie/customer-support/support-by-products/broadband/virgin-media-hubs/virgin-media-v2-hub/

but my issue is, i need to do some port forwarding and from what I've researched, i need to reset my box from a IPv6 to IPv4 as i cant port forward IPv4 ports only IPv6 but even at those it doesn't seem to be working.

id prefer not to have to go down the road of having to set up a PF-sense router and just using the Virgin media as a modem only. as i can us the AC Wifi 6 to connect to some of my devices.

So my question is how do i go about setting up IPv4 port forwarding on my virgin media hub 2.0 do i need to get in contact with virgin media directly since they no longer give support here ?

Comments

Advertisement