Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

Any Scott foil owners out there

• 29-06-2021 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭ lizzylad84

Looking for feedback re sizing of Scott foil.
    I'm 6 ft 2.5 with 34 inch inside leg.
    According to Scott size charts I'm between a large and x large.
    Just looking for feedback from owners of said bike as to sizing
    Should I go large or XL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,165 ✭✭✭ easygoing39

Always go for the smaller size.Saddle can be moved rearwards on its rail's,or longer stem can be fitted etc etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,418 ✭✭✭ fat bloke

I've found it useful to go back over previous bike frame history and compare stack and reach. If you've had a variety of bikes you'll quickly see a pattern of fit and comfort and be able to see what works what's likely to work.

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭ Mr. Cats

fat bloke wrote: »
    I've found it useful to go back over previous bike frame history and compare stack and reach. If you've had a variety of bikes you'll quickly see a pattern of fit and comfort and be able to see what works what's likely to work.

Just to https://geometrygeeks.bike/ makes it easy to do so

• Registered Users Posts: 646 ✭✭✭ Tony04

For the foil Xl is pretty much a 58 and l is a 56. I know lads smaller than you buying the xl, so probably the better size . However the foil is an aero bike so a size down would take advantage of that as you can achieve a lower position and longer (suits a more flexible rider) if you change stem length, a long stem feels nice on a road bike anyway imo.
    As mentioned above comparing geo charts with your current bike is probably the best thing to do. Or getting a pre purchase bike fit, also trying both sizes if anyway possible now is what usally would have been advised pre covid.

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭ Johnny Jukebox

lizzylad84 wrote: »
    Looking for feedback re sizing of Scott foil.
    I'm 6 ft 2.5 with 34 inch inside leg.
    According to Scott size charts I'm between a large and x large.
    Just looking for feedback from owners of said bike as to sizing
    Should I go large or XL.

I ride a Scott Foil 15 (2014) 58cm and I am 6' ft with 34 leg. I find it a very comfortable fit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement