Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Landmark hotel Carrick Coffee Rip off

Options
  • 29-06-2021 9:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,390 ✭✭✭

Stopped at the Landmark hotel in Carrick on Shannon for coffee yesterday. Ordered inside and takeaway service to sit at tables outside. Charged 15 euro for 2 coffees and plain scones. They served the regular coffee in small flat white sized cups, half froth..

They were probably using up their small cup stock on a Monday to get rid. No receipt given but the small coffees and scones were obviously just under 4 euro each, more than a bit Irish as they say. They will suffer next year..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Did you not say anything there and then?

I was in a carvery in portlaoise back in the tiger years.

They gave me a "sliver" of beef. I asked if they could be a little more generous. She gave another sliver.

She then told the cashier to charge an extra €2.

We left 3 plates of food at the till that were most likely dumped.

If something seems a rip off, say it there and then.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,536 ✭✭✭deezell

Three night midweek break, two rooms, for family of 4. This is a 'Special Offer'!

Should I just stay at home? Pitch tent in the back garden?

Advertisement