Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nothing Lasts Forever

Options
  • 28-06-2021 6:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭

The novel that Die Hard is based on, which the premise came from a dream the author had after watching the Towering Inferno.
    It was also the sequel to The Detective which was turned into a film of the same name starring Frank Sinatra.

While I really like Die Hard, probably the greatest action film ever, I would have loved to have seen a more faithful adaption of the original with Frank in the lead.
    The source material was a far darker and cynical. The original German terrorist were on a mission to expose an evil US oil firms dodgy dealings in South America.

🙈🙉🙊

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,422 ✭✭✭✭Leg End Reject

And we both know hearts can change.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,418 ✭✭✭✭Timberrrrrrrr

This thread definitely won't last forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

This thread definitely won't last forever.

Yippee ki yay...

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 10,554 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Yippee ki yay...

Kemosabe!

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

An interesting quirk is that frank had to be offered the role first according to the option rights taken on the novel, i think he was in his seventies and declined politely

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,566 ✭✭✭Treppen

And we both know hearts can change.

Back in the summer of 69

• Registered Users Posts: 9,685 ✭✭✭buried

Ellis always reminds me of one of them leaky Fine Gael-esque TD's who loves the sound of their own voice/twitter handle

"You have disgraced yourselves again" - W. B. Yeats

• Registered Users Posts: 1,971 ✭✭✭Lucy8080

John Mclean lasts forever. I'm not having this, someone contact the Mod here.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,546 ✭✭✭✭Poor Uncle Tom

Zed's dead baby, Zed's dead.....

• Registered Users Posts: 6,317 ✭✭✭gameoverdude

Song reminds me of highlander. I've got the dvd so night sorted. Cheers op.

• Advertisement

Still think die hard 3 was the best of em

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭1874

buried wrote: »
    Ellis always reminds me of one of them leaky Fine Gael-esque TD's who loves the sound of their own voice/twitter handle

I have always liked Hans Gruber, he stands by his word and convictions, and it is true Ellis was a slimy rat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭85603

The novel that Die Hard is based on, which the premise came from a dream the author had after watching the Towering Inferno.
    It was also the sequel to The Detective which was turned into a film of the same name starring Frank Sinatra.

While I really like Die Hard, probably the greatest action film ever, I would have loved to have seen a more faithful adaption of the original with Frank in the lead.
    The source material was a far darker and cynical. The original German terrorist were on a mission to expose an evil US oil firms dodgy dealings in South America.

Frank Drebin?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,293 ✭✭✭✭branie2

Never knew that!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

OP needs to die harder next time

• Registered Users Posts: 3,506 ✭✭✭Montage of Feck

Ninthlife wrote: »
    OP needs to die harder next time

What's wrong with some movie trivia?

🙈🙉🙊

• Registered Users Posts: 14,361 ✭✭✭✭Arghus

Die Hard is a masterpiece in so many ways, but the economy of it's exposition is amazing. Every little last detail pays off in some way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,243 ✭✭✭Ninthlife

What's wrong with some movie trivia?

Poor joke/pun on my part although i giggled

Advertisement