Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Carlson window glass damaged by tradesmen

Options
  • 28-06-2021 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Seems that the glass in the opening sash was scratched by microscopic bits of flying granite or some such. Builder provided replacement glazing unit, not from Carlson. The thing is, nobody and I mean nobody that I can find will install the new unit: they won't touch the Carlson window in case they damage it. Carlson says they don't work on glass window replacement. Builder has moved on. Any ideas?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,284 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Small claims court

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 neetamac

Called Carlson back and discovered that a couple of glazing companies have the so-called special spanner for Carlson windows..Going that route for now

• Registered Users Posts: 33,790 ✭✭✭✭listermint

What's special about a Carlson window frame ? Are they not clipped in using the traditional trim all round

• Registered Users Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭policarp

neetamac wrote: »
    Seems that the glass in the opening sash was scratched by microscopic bits of flying granite or some such. Builder provided replacement glazing unit, not from Carlson. The thing is, nobody and I mean nobody that I can find will install the new unit: they won't touch the Carlson window in case they damage it. Carlson says they don't work on glass window replacement. Builder has moved on. Any ideas?

Damage was probably caused by con saw or angle grinder.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,845 ✭✭✭massy086

listermint wrote: »
    What's special about a Carlson window frame ? Are they not clipped in using the traditional trim all round

Carlson windows are alu- clad and can be very difficult to glaze if you don't have the right tools and skills.

• Advertisement
Advertisement