Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HSE Admin Contract query

Options
  • 28-06-2021 8:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I previously worked for 12 years in an HSE Admin position as a Grade III then went on to other jobs but have now returned to a different HSE posting, again as a Grade III but this position is paying at a lower level on the scale and I was wondering if I was entitled to my original level and if so is this written somewhere in HSE regulations so I can show it to my employer?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭FluffPiece

If you resigned and were gone for more than 26 weeks and then returned, you start at the first point. It's to do with the Single Person Pension Scheme. Since you returned, you'll be placed in that, but your previous pension entitlements should be intact up to the time you left. I'm not too sure what effect it will have on your overall pension entitlement as I assume you are on the new scheme now, but an email to your HR or Pension department should yield clearer answers.

There are exceptions but it must be approved leave such as career break for example where you don't resign and when you come back are on the same contract. Other leaves such as maternity leave etc also don't affect your contract status.

I am making the assumption that the other jobs were in the private sector, but perhaps I picked that up wrong. (Edit below)

https://singlepensionscheme.gov.ie/circulars/

EDIT:

Sorry I had assumed you left the HSE to begin with but can see you say you returned to a different HSE department. If you never left the HSE at all, then you could argue your case. Incremental credit may apply but you might need to obtain a statement of service for the new department first.

Also likely to not need to bother looking up the Single Pension Scheme I have linked.

• Registered Users Posts: 303 ✭✭partnership

SMCurran wrote: »
    I previously worked for 12 years in an HSE Admin position as a Grade III then went on to other jobs but have now returned to a different HSE posting, again as a Grade III but this position is paying at a lower level on the scale and I was wondering if I was entitled to my original level and if so is this written somewhere in HSE regulations so I can show it to my employer?
    You are entitled to incremental credit for previous service. Download verification of service form from hse site and get your old job to fill in and give to HR. They should have done this when you started if it was on your application form that you worked there.

Advertisement