Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Guitarist/Singer for Blues Band South Dublin

• 26-06-2021 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Established blues band requires 2nd guitarist (preferably with vocals) 

Current line-up includes Bass, Drums, Blues Harp and Guitar. All 4 over 40.

We play swinging up-tempo blues - some original material but our performances are mainly a tribute to greats such as Howlin’ Wolf, Little Walter, Muddy Waters, Sonny Boy Williamson et al.

We have recorded/gigged over many years, have a professional attitude to what we do but are mainly motivated by a love of the music and the buzz of playing together

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Pippirrip_123

Hey guys, somewhat experienced rhythm guitar and singer here. Quite like the blues, though I haven't played a lot of it. Currently working on a chords, rhythm, acoustic version of John Mayer's Bold as Love.

Any chance of an audition/jam with you?

Aged 32 if that is of any issue, since you mention your own ages!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Somavar

Age not a problem. Can you PM me some links to you playing and I’ll send you some links to our stuff,

Take care,
    Pat

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Somavar

Still looking…

• Registered Users Posts: 3 rconnol

Hi,

My name is Rob and I'm interested in an audition if you're still looking? I'm 45 (tomorrow) and based in Templeogue. I rehearsed and ended up doing one gig as a singer with a grunge covers band there a few years ago but the band fizzled out. That was my first time ever as a lead vocalist but I'd love to give it another go. I used to be a lead guitarist in various bands over the years back in the day...and then ended up singing in choirs for a good few years. I'm more interested in singing these days but with some work I could get my rhythm chops sorted if needed. I could do a little recording singing to a backing track or something. I'd love a chance to try out that sort of Chicago blues stuff. 😎

Advertisement