If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]


  • 26-06-2021 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 224 ✭✭

    Hi All,

    I'm looking for some advice, I bought a washer dryer last year from Powercity and after about 9 months the dryer part broke. I contacted Powercity and they sent out an engineer to fix it which I was happy with. Shortly after it was fixed by the engineer the dryer broke again. I contacted power city again and asked for a replacement but they said I wasn't entitled to it. They sent out an engineer again and fixed it again. It then broke a third time with the same issue and I contacted them again looking for a replacement. They said they'd send an engineer but they will not replace it. I insisted on getting it replaced as per the CCPC website if you have the same issue more than once you can request a replacement.

    They refuse to replace it and insist they will only send an engineer. Should I take this to the small claims court or am I wasting my time.



  • Registered Users Posts: 7,593 ✭✭✭theteal

    A repair must be permanent. If you have escalated it as high up in Powercity as you can, don't waste any more time and start SCC claim. It's as straight forward of a case as they come.