Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Entry level Turntable System

• 25-06-2021 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 52 ✭✭

Hi Folks, i have always wanted to started a vinyl collection but never had the space. But a change of house means i now do. I'm looking to buy a turntable (preferably with built in amp) with external speakers ideally with a bluetooth function for playing from smartphone etc. I've looked at endless reviews but no luck finding it difficult to make a decision. Have a budget of 300/400 euros. Any advise or recommended makes/models? Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23 hudo

I never saw such "all in one" device thats not cheap chi-fi plastic garbage which sounds awful and will scratch and destroy your records:)
    Buy separate turntable from a normal brand, like Project, Rega, AT, Denon, with MM preamp if you want (go to hifihut or cloney), and then a separate amp and speakers which can have BT and other connectivities that you need.
    If you find some second hand on adverts, post it here and we can tell you if its worth or not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,326 ✭✭✭CoBo55

eBay is your source. I follow Techmoan on YouTube his videos are great. All new stuff is cheap Chinese junk.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭Technocentral

Do some research then buy a used vintage deck on adverts, I have a Thorens Td 160 I got for 400 off it, love it make sure you bring a test record with you that you know sounds good to check it.

Advertisement