Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Bulova 96A28

• 24-06-2021 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭

Hi All

Hope I posting it in correct forum.

I got hold of a Bulova quartz watch as seen below.
    What I'm tying to find out is what logo is on dial.

556781.jpg

Also there is a text on caseback:
    556782.jpg
    which do not explain much.

I'm pretty sure I've seen that logo somewhere some time ago but can't pin point it.

Any ideas ?

Tom
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,071 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

I for one have zero idea SE, but very cool. :) FWIW the logo looks like a flint arrowhead, which would suggest an American origin and it being a Bulova.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Sulphur is U.K. spelling and one of the companies listed has Ltd at the end of the name, so I’m going to guess it’s more local (or Canada perhaps according to a quick Google).

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭xyz123

Took a few steps but looks like this is it.

https://flintenergy.com/

All the companies mentioned seem to be based in Alberta, Canada. Nice watch btw

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭mailforkev

Spot on xyz123, I do love a good internet treasure hunt.
    image.

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭somebody_else

Hi guys !
    Thanks a lot !
    This is great example of internet defective work!

Now I need to decide to keep it or not ?

Thanks
    Tom

• Advertisement
Advertisement