Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Banned from soccer

Options
  • 24-06-2021 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭

I applied for access to soccer and was banned for 3 months. I applied 2 days before I should of. 3 months is a little bit excessive.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 407 ✭✭LMHC

Can I have an answer

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Have you discussed this with the mod via PM?

Beasty wrote: »
    Have you discussed this with the mod via PM?

2 PMs sent and no response.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 75,308 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As you are banned from the Soccer Access Request forum you can only see what the mod posted when logged out

The thread is here

The message left by the mod was
    Three bans in a month since registering, keep your nose clean and reapply again in 3 month

Now access remains at the discretion of local mods. The CMod can consider whether the rationale for denying access for 3 months is reasonable, but this is nothing to do with the timing of your request (although there is a 1 month ban for failing to follow the process correctly)

As you are banned from the Soccer Access Request forum you can only see what the mod posted when logged out

The thread is here

The message left by the mod was

Now access remains at the discretion of local mods. The CMod can consider whether the rationale for denying access for 3 months is reasonable, but this is nothing to do with the timing of your request (although there is a 1 month ban for failing to follow the process correctly)

So a 3 month ban is considered sufficient that's absolutely ludacris. So I'm being punished on this even thought I took me bans on each other thread they are actually accumulated against me. That's double punishment.

• Advertisement

The Soccer forum is different from any other open forum on this site Mods need to approve access. That's because it became infested with troublemakers. Access has, as long as I can remember, been at discretion of the mods

The mod could just have denied access and there would be nothing you could have done about it. They have given you a 3 month timescale

Anyway, I can ask a CMod to look at this, but even if the ban is lifted that will not give you automatic access to the forum. You still need to convince a Soccer mod to approve it

Do you want a CMod to review this?

The Soccer forum is different from any other open forum on this site Mods need to approve access. That's because it became infested with troublemakers. Access has, as long as I can remember, been at discretion of the mods

The mod could just have denied access and there would be nothing you could have done about it. They have given you a 3 month timescale

Anyway, I can ask a CMod to look at this, but even if the ban is lifted that will not give you automatic access to the forum. You still need to convince a Soccer mod to approve it

Do you want a CMod to review this?

I would appreciate that.

• Administrators Posts: 53,365 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭awec

Hi LMHC,

You joined the site on May 25th (1 month, 3 days ago) and in that time you've managed to accumulate 1 warning, 1 infraction and 3 bans. 2 of these bans are for ignoring mod instructions.

Soccer mods have concerns that your history suggests you could be a problematic poster in the Soccer forum. I happen to agree with their concern.

The mod in question has banned you from the Access Request forum for 3 months, this will ensure that you wait 3 months before trying to gain access again. When you reapply in 3 months time hopefully your record will be much improved compared to today.

Ban upheld.

awec wrote: »
    Hi LMHC,

You joined the site on May 25th (1 month, 3 days ago) and in that time you've managed to accumulate 1 warning, 1 infraction and 3 bans. 2 of these bans are for ignoring mod instructions.

Soccer mods have concerns that your history suggests you could be a problematic poster in the Soccer forum. I happen to agree with their concern.

The mod in question has banned you from the Access Request forum for 3 months, this will ensure that you wait 3 months before trying to gain access again. When you reapply in 3 months time hopefully your record will be much improved compared to today.

Ban upheld.

2 of the bans we're because I didn't know what a threadban was I was new to the forum. It's a shame your stopping posters engaging.

The CMod has upheld the ban. As I've already reviewed this, if you do wish to appeal to an Admin I can confirm I would uphold the ban on the basis outlined by the CMod

Resolved

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement