Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

How / where to get these digitally converted?

• 24-06-2021 9:46am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭

Bet many of ye haven't seen these in the flesh for a while!!

I don't have many good quality pictures of my parents and these two Butlins souvenirs have preserved very well and when held up to a bright light really show a nice high quality photo of each of them during a very happy family holiday in the 1980's.

I'd love to get them converted to high quality digital images if possible but haven't been able to find anyone online or locally offering such a service so you guys are my last hope...no pressure!!

Any suggestions?

MvIripT.jpg

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

Where do you live?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 277 ✭✭newirishman

About 3 years ago, I got a shoebox full of old photographs and diapositives scanned by this company:
    Crystal Media Ltd.
    Jenkins Yard, Hudson Road, Sandycove, Co. Dublin A96 CX93

The quality was very good.
    Word of warning as the price can be perceived as high, as this is veery much a manual process and not necessarily fast.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭54and56

Where do you live?

Blackrock / Stillorgan area.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 50,223 CMod ✭✭✭✭magicbastarder

sounds like that place in sandycove is reasonably close?

sounds like that place in sandycove is reasonably close?

Yes it is thanks Magicbastarder, I've emailed them to see if they can do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,087 ✭✭✭tuisginideach

Crystal Media did work for me Christmas 2019 - yes, the costs all add up!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

Those have a small piece of slide film in them that can be scanned the same as any other slide... as long as handling the size isn't an issue. (They're small!)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,550 ✭✭✭Myksyk

God, I remember those!!!! Mad flashback there.

Heebie wrote: »
    Those have a small piece of slide film in them that can be scanned the same as any other slide... as long as handling the size isn't an issue. (They're small!)
    are they 35mm? or 110?

are they 35mm? or 110?

They're only about 15mm square.

• Advertisement

almost certainly 110 so.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 479 ✭✭Cameraman

Theyr'e trimmed to just under half-frame size - about 17mm x 23mm

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 540 ✭✭✭biketard

Myksyk wrote: »
    God, I remember those!!!! Mad flashback there.

Exactly my reaction!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭Heebie

are they 35mm? or 110?

Could be either. I'm pretty sure the cameras used at six flags back in the day did about 6-up on 35mm film.
    They're probably ink or laser hey printed onto transparency plastic now 50 or 100 up or something like that.

Advertisement