Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello All, This is just a friendly reminder to read the Forum Charter where you wish to post before posting in it. :)

enclosures

• 23-06-2021 11:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭ the_pen_turner

im starting down the 3d printing road . im hoping to put the printer in my office or workshop.
    im not intending to print temp sensitive materials but down the road it probably will happen.
    i want an enclosure to keep noise down and dust out.

i have a prusa mini ordered so i dont need anything big . .

i could build one but im a bit busy and know it will end up on the long finger.
    i would rather just buy one designed for the job and be done with it

what are the options.
    i was looking tukkari one but the nice one is 200 quid

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,470 ✭✭✭ Leftyflip

I've seen a lot of people using old server racks as enclosures. Add a few led strip lights and you're sorted.
    Would definitely be cheaper if you did some digging around, I'll dig up the links from one of the groups I'm in.

As a side note, I'm in the middle of prototyping a mobile enclosure using Ikea Lack tables, the idea is that eventually when I have it all ironed out,
    I'll get it made out of steel or aluminium box section. I'll show post some photos of the layout, if you're interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,313 ✭✭✭ the_pen_turner

Leftyflip wrote: »
    I've seen a lot of people using old server racks as enclosures. Add a few led strip lights and you're sorted.
    Would definitely be cheaper if you did some digging around, I'll dig up the links from one of the groups I'm in.

As a side note, I'm in the middle of prototyping a mobile enclosure using Ikea Lack tables, the idea is that eventually when I have it all ironed out,
    I'll get it made out of steel or aluminium box section. I'll show post some photos of the layout, if you're interested?

please do . i would love to see what your working on

Advertisement