Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

John McAfee ....RIP.... I Think !!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,402 ✭✭✭McGinniesta

• Registered Users Posts: 4,571 ✭✭✭Treppen

He's the type of guy that would hang out in West cork :pac:

Treppen wrote: »
    He's the type of guy that would hang out in West cork :pac:

He'd probably fit right in

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭mikeecho

Long story short.

Quite a few in the tech ind , are suspicious about his death.

He's been epsteined. It's a common comment I got in the hr's following Mcafees death.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

mikeecho wrote: »
    Long story short.

He's been epsteined. It's a common comment I got in the hr's following Mcafees death.

Work in the tech industry and interact with dozens of people daily. Not one has mentioned being suspicious. It is a tragic event that hits many families. Although, I can see how it’s an easy conspiracy theory to latch onto, and McAffee had the last laugh at conspiracy theorists by posting that tweet.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,796 ✭✭✭✭Dohnjoe

Long story short.

He was notified in the morning that a Spanish court had approved extradition to the US and at 4PM he asked to be alone in his cell. 6PM was found hanging. No evidence from the prison or any prisoners of any suspicious activity.

Work in the tech industry and interact with dozens of people daily. Not one has mentioned being suspicious. It is a tragic event that hits many families. Although, I can see how it’s an easy conspiracy theory to latch onto, and McAffee had the last laugh at conspiracy theorists by posting that tweet.

When the news broke, I got messages stating that he had been "Epsteined"

Dohnjoe wrote: »
    He was notified in the morning that a Spanish court had approved extradition to the US and at 4PM he asked to be alone in his cell. 6PM was found hanging. No evidence from the prison or any prisoners of any suspicious activity.

He still had a right to appeal that decision, it wasn't for definite that he was going to be extradited.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,483 ✭✭✭Fighting Tao

Of course you did, just like others who would be likely to believe in conspiracy theories. I got a message to say that he committed suicide. It's really sad that people want to make a story out of a tragic incident where someone committed suicide.

There's no direct evidence that Epstein was murdered by someone. There are no suspects, no witnesses.

McAfee was an attention seeker and anti-establishment figure, if he decided to kill himself, I highly suspect he would have wanted people to think he was "offed", that fits his personality to a t, he'd be delighted to know people were speculating about it, that's for sure.

So far I'm not seeing any evidence that McAfee was deliberately murdered by anyone.

• Advertisement

There's no direct evidence that Epstein was murdered by someone. There are no suspects, no witnesses.

McAfee was an attention seeker and anti-establishment figure, if he decided to kill himself, I highly suspect he would have wanted people to think he was "offed", that fits his personality to a t, he'd be delighted to know people were speculating about it, that's for sure.

So far I'm not seeing any evidence that McAfee was deliberately murdered by anyone.

Whatyou're saying is that McAfee didn't Epstein himself but you're not sure that Epstein Epsteined himself either.

Maybe they were both clintoned.

I also work in tech and know not a single person that said that. More a general acceptance he's been a bit crazy for years.

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

Given what he was facing in the US prison system, which is extremely harsh, and the total humiliation by being shackled, manacled, made do the “perp walk” on tv and probably given a totally disproportionate sentence of 7 gizzilion years or something totally sane, is anyone really surprised?

It’s getting to the stage that I would wonder about the legality of extradition to the US. I’m not aware of anywhere else in the western world that has practices like making prisoners wear remote control electric shock belts.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stun_belt

They seem to accept conditions and approaches that are designed to basically be torture.

It’s an increasingly strange place and I could fully see why an older person facing the rest of his days in that kind of system, whatever he’s done, might opt to just end it rather than be extradited.

He was 75 and looking at being realistically never released if he even got a 20 year sentence, which was very likely.

I wouldn’t think there’s much of a conspiracy to this, just the US’ overkill approaches to just about everything these days.

Let's not forget the guy was a scumbag, he was the prime suspect in a murder, scammed people via pump and dump crypto schemes and was a serial tax evader

• Registered Users Posts: 745 ✭✭✭ClosedAccountFuzzy

I’m not saying he was a nice guy, but the level of punishment that the US doles out is often disproportionate and the systems are designed to humiliate, torture and punish in ways that go way beyond loss of liberty.

It’s basically still a Victorian society in many ways.

All I’m saying is you can see why someone facing the reminder of their days, potentially in declining health, in some US prison may decide to take matters into their own hands.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Do you really think that if McAfee was murdered and that those responsible wanted to make it appear as a suicide that they would NOT have it reported that he asked to be alone in his cell and was later found hanged?

Do you really think that if McAfee was murdered and that those responsible wanted to make it appear as a suicide that they would NOT have it reported that he asked to be alone in his cell and was later found hanged?

Is complete speculation.

The evidence we have is that McAfee asked to be alone. There is no evidence that that information is false, likewise there is no evidence that he was murdered.

Is complete speculation.

The evidence we have is that McAfee asked to be alone. There is no evidence that that information is false, likewise there is no evidence that he was murdered.

The "evidence" that we have is that he offed himself.

The "evidence" that we have is that Colin Powell sat at the UN with a pathetic little bottle much like your magic passport.

The "evidence" that we have is what is said. It doesn't make it true.

You're quick to state that what is reported is the absolute truth.
    The case against Assange is based on the testimony of a diagnosed sociopath and CONVICTED child molester who admitted to lying in order to earn protection from prosecution.

The women that Assange was supposed to have raped flat out denied it...yet it was reported ..and is still reported. And you will stand fast and say that this is "evidence"

You have nothing.

Is complete speculation.

And for your information

An allegation asserted WITHOUT evidence can also be dismissed WITHOUT evidence.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,229 ✭✭✭✭King Mob

And for your information

An allegation asserted WITHOUT evidence can also be dismissed WITHOUT evidence.

Cool.
    What evidence do you have that he was murdered?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,171 ✭✭✭EltonJohn69

I literally just saw John McAfee lashing into a large Yop fruit of the forest flavour in my local spar. Im not sure if he had paid for it or had intentions to pay for it but when he saw me looking at him he gave me a very slow but deliberate wink and then he choked a little and yogurt came shooting out of both of his nostrils.

Post edited by EltonJohn69 on

Advertisement