Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

overgrown area

Options
  • 23-06-2021 7:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

I have got a flock number for the first time, but haven't got the sheep yet as the fencer is very busy.

In the meantime, the area has overgrown with grass, and as there are some small apple trees in there, its not suitable for tractor to cut.

Any advice on this? Not happy putting them straight into an overgrown area, and as a road beside it, so temporary fencing is risky/wreckless.

I suppose my main question is, will the sheep (shropshire ) get eye problems etc putting them in there?

Apologies for the relative ignorance here, but its my first flock, and trying to get as much info as possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,141 ✭✭✭Dinzee Conlee

slipperyox wrote: »
    I have got a flock number for the first time, but haven't got the sheep yet as the fencer is very busy.

In the meantime, the area has overgrown with grass, and as there are some small apple trees in there, its not suitable for tractor to cut.

Any advice on this? Not happy putting them straight into an overgrown area, and as a road beside it, so temporary fencing is risky/wreckless.

I suppose my main question is, will the sheep (shropshire ) get eye problems etc putting them in there?

Apologies for the relative ignorance here, but its my first flock, and trying to get as much info as possible

I am putting my hoggets into very heavy covers and no eye problems yet...

I’ll try to get a pic later and put it up...

Tell me more about your Shropshire’s - where did you get them? Where are you based?
    Interested in hearing more about them...

Advertisement