Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Accused of calling someone a whore, warned unfairly

Options
  • 23-06-2021 11:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭

Here's the PM thread.

I called someone a "thanks whore" but Lightning accused me of calling the person a whore.

He conveniently deleted the post in question. :rolleyes:
    LIGHTNING wrote:
    LIGHTNING wrote:
    What's the warning for?

I would like to report the off topic post that criticised me as well.
    LIGHTNING wrote:
    Dear Jeremy Sproket,

You have been warned for being uncivil.

Typically, this means that you are posting in a needlessly aggressive or confrontational manner being disruptive on the forum or causing stress for the other members. We don't want that here.

For more information please refer to the Boards.ie FAQ.

LIGHTNING

Your post:
    You seem to have a relatively eventful driving life. At least a thread's worth a day.

There's always one thanks whore.

Which other events, pray tell do I post about per day?

I rarely log on here.

You called somebody a whore...

I called no one a whore, I called them a thanks whore.

If you are not going to lift my warning, I will start a thread in DR.

I am not going to lift it.
    Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

Hello??

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,096 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Looks like this got missed. I've PM'd the cmod to get this looked at.

• Registered Users Posts: 64,891 ✭✭✭✭unkel

Apologies for the delay. Looked into this for you. "Thanks whore" is a fairly commonly used term on boards.ie. And as such I wouldn't class it as abusive. I do agree with the moderator that it is not a very civil term to call someone else. Giving you the benefit of the doubt, I will have the warning removed

Word to the wise though: you're on boards less than 3 months and you've already clocked up an infraction and 2 warnings (not including this one). I suggest you tone it down if you don't want to clock up any more of these warnings or even start getting bans.

• Registered Users Posts: 431 ✭✭Jeremy Sproket

Thanks folks.

Could I also have my thread reopened?

I was simply interested in the legality of the discussion and when and were Gardaí can break the rules of the road.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement