Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gym membership Covid 19 cancellation

Options
  • 23-06-2021 12:39am
    Registered Users Posts: 13

I was previously going to Gym plus gyms in Dublin. It was hell to get out of the contract during the pandemic and the various lockdowns. I called to cancel my monthly membership in April 2020 and they “froze” my membership but I had to keep paying 10€ per month. As they said I had to go in physically to cancel. After three months they re opened my membership meaning I had to pay full amount although I was not using due to covid 19. I finally got a cancellation form from them beginning November 2020. I filled it in and sent it to them. They had already taken the November full membership fee knowing I haven’t been to the gym since March 2020. In December I got a long email saying they will not close my membership as I had to pay December fee as well. I cancelled my direct debit but haven’t heard from them since. Gyms are complete money rackets. Customer service had been dire during the pandemic. Gym plus hire the cheapest of the cheap for classes and most equipment closed due to covid 19 anyway and still. I would be very very slow in ever joining one again. Do I need to take an action to put the issue to rest?

Advertisement