Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Which automatic car? 2014 Fit or 2014 Fiesta or 2011 Lexus CT200H

  • 22-06-2021 10:33pm
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ Jjohnrockk
    Registered User


    Looking to buy an auto car.

    Options :

    Fit Hybrid Jap import 2014 import 8-9K, 100K Kms

    Fit Hybrid Jap import 2016 import 10K, 100K Kms

    Lexus 200H, 2011, Toyota Dealer, 10K, 140K Kms

    Fiesta, 1.0 P, 2013, 100 K Kms, Random Dealer

    Need to keep car for 3-5 years. thanks


Comments

  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭ User1998
    Registered User


    Consider the Toyota Aqua and Toyota Prius as well


  • Registered Users Posts: 72,783 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm
    Registered User


    Out of those I’d take the Lexus, but as mentioned above give the Prius a look as well, I’d throw the Auris hybrid (second generation) and Nissan Leaf (depending on your requirements) into the mix too.


  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ Jjohnrockk
    Registered User


    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Out of those I’d take the Lexus, but as mentioned above give the Prius a look as well, I’d throw the Auris hybrid (second generation) and Nissan Leaf (depending on your requirements) into the mix too.

    Thanks a lot. It does not matter that Lexus is 2011 with 140K Kms while Fit is 100K and 2016.

    Both at 10K. Lexus 2011 Worth 10K?


  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ Jjohnrockk
    Registered User


    User1998 wrote: »
    Consider the Toyota Aqua and Toyota Prius as well

    Thanks. Nice cars, I somehow do not like Aqua or Prius interiors.


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,994 ✭✭✭ User1998
    Registered User


    Jjohnrockk wrote: »
    Thanks. Nice cars, I somehow do not like Aqua or Prius interiors.

    Thats fair enough, out of the cars you listed me personally I would probably go with the Lexus, but your getting an older car with higher mileage, so you need to weigh up weather you want something older with higher spec, or something newer with lower spec but less mileage and probably more reliable, lower running costs etc.

    I would stay away from the Fiesta and go for a hybrid


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,783 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm
    Registered User


    Jjohnrockk wrote: »
    Thanks a lot. It does not matter that Lexus is 2011 with 140K Kms while Fit is 100K and 2016.

    Both at 10K. Lexus 2011 Worth 10K?

    140k is nothing. It’s 86000 miles in 10 years.


  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ Jjohnrockk
    Registered User


    User1998 wrote: »
    Thats fair enough, out of the cars you listed me personally I would probably go with the Lexus, but your getting an older car with higher mileage, so you need to weigh up weather you want something older with higher spec, or something newer with lower spec but less mileage and probably be more reliable, lower running costs etc.

    I would stay away from the Fiesta and go for a hybrid

    Thanks, This is my first used car. I always bought new and being new in Ireland, not sure what to do. I would have preferred a new car but decent cars are at 30K plus.

    Lexus has all features like cruise, bluetooth, reversing camera.

    Fit is new thats all. Perhaps one or 2 extra features. But that is a Japanese import.


    Confused


  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ Jjohnrockk
    Registered User


    colm_mcm wrote: »
    140k is nothing. It’s 86000 miles in 10 years.

    Thanks. As long as Hybrid battery can last, I'm fine. So it seems everyone prefers

    Lexus 2011 over Fit 2016 or Insight 2014.

    Helps me :-)


  • Registered Users Posts: 72,783 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm
    Registered User


    Lexus. Or Auris hybrid. You’d probably get a 2013 new model within budget.


  • Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭ Jjohnrockk
    Registered User


    colm_mcm wrote: »
    Lexus. Or Auris hybrid. You’d probably get a 2013 new model within budget.

    Thanks. I guess will search. For Auris as well. Cannot locate Lexus 2013 under 13/14K.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,783 ✭✭✭✭ colm_mcm
    Registered User


    Yes, the Auris is a bit cheaper, being a Toyota, but mechanically it’s the same thing as the CT200 but with a bigger boot and a bit more space.


Advertisement