Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

SET interview advice?

• 22-06-2021 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭

Hi..I'm applying for primary jobs in SET. I have experience in learning support/resource but have never actually interviewed for a learning support/resource post (I interviewed for mainstream but was offered learning/resource posts after). Does anyone have experience attending interviews for SET? What kind of Qs were you asked? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 113 ✭✭starlady1

It has been a long time since I did an interview but I have been a SET for a number of years.

They will ask about experience of working as an SET teacher.

If you have any courses done on SEN.

Any experience of any programmes running in the school e.g. aistear, literacy lift off, mata sa rang etc. depending on the school.

They may ask you if you have specific experience of working with children who have a diagnosis such as ASD, ADHD-this would all depend on the school.

If the school has children who have EAL needs they may ask you if you have any experience of this.

If it is a small school you are applying to you may be asked if you have experience or knowledge in administering diagnostic, congnitive ability tests or attainment tests such as the Woodcock Johnson, the WIATT, the NVRT, Test 2r.

You may be asked if you have transport and are willing to travel as part of the post- some SET posts are part of cluster arrangements.

Best of luck.

Advertisement