Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland ranked 22 in frothiest Property guide

Options
  • 22-06-2021 10:06am
    #1
    Registered Users Posts: 1,573 ✭✭✭


    Bloomberg Economics use five different indicators, such as price-to-rent ratios and price-to-income ratios to assess a country’s ‘bubble rank’.


    Interesting we are the only ones with negative credit growth.

    428fa0c0-d2fd-11eb-bfaf-4c253985a219


    Link


Comments

  • Posts: 3,621 ✭✭✭ [Deleted User]


    celtic_oz wrote: »
    Bloomberg Economics use five different indicators, such as price-to-rent ratios and price-to-income ratios to assess a country’s ‘bubble rank’.


    Interesting we are the only ones with negative credit growth.

    428fa0c0-d2fd-11eb-bfaf-4c253985a219


    Link

    It's a reasonable question ask if our borrowings are shrinking yet prices keep increasing, where is the money coming from?


  • Registered Users, Subscribers Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭hometruths


    ronoc wrote: »
    It's a reasonable question ask if our borrowings are shrinking yet prices keep increasing, where is the money coming from?

    The government and institutional investment funds.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Marius34


    ronoc wrote: »
    It's a reasonable question ask if our borrowings are shrinking yet prices keep increasing, where is the money coming from?

    There are growing demands for the last 10 years from physical persons (savings/mortgage), Reits/Funds, Government bodies.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Marius34 wrote: »
    There are growing demands for the last 10 years from physical persons (savings/mortgage)

    Yet credit growth is falling...


  • Registered Users Posts: 6,003 ✭✭✭handlemaster


    schmittel wrote: »
    The government and institutional investment funds.

    The government buying the property for those who don't have to buy for themselves


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Marius34


    Yet credit growth is falling...

    Because people are paying off their massive credits taken in 2005-2008.
    The mortgage taken in recent years are higher than what it used to be few years ago, but it still not in the level to offset the payoff from credit bubble.


  • Posts: 0 [Deleted User]


    Marius34 wrote: »
    Because people are paying off their massive credits taken in 2005-2008.
    The mortgage taken in recent years are higher than what it used to be few years ago, but it still not in the level to offset the payoff from credit bubble.

    Care to provide evidence for this?


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Marius34


    celtic_oz wrote: »
    Bloomberg Economics use five different indicators, such as price-to-rent ratios and price-to-income ratios to assess a country’s ‘bubble rank’.


    Interesting we are the only ones with negative credit growth.

    It is interesting indeed. It shows how much Ireland was effected by Credit bubble.
    I would think there is big chance to reverse this/next year, with credit growth changing to positive.


  • Registered Users Posts: 1,173 ✭✭✭Marius34


    Care to provide evidence for this?

    Yes, here it is the evidence of increased mortgage drawdowns in the recent years:
    [IMG][/img]https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=556568&stc=1&d=1624364324


    Drawdowns
    2006 Q1 25,888
    2006 Q2 28,089
    2006 Q3 29,884
    2006 Q4 26,929
    2007 Q1 20,967
    2007 Q2 22,087
    2007 Q3 21,877
    2007 Q4 19,264
    2008 Q1 13,299
    2008 Q2 16,694
    2008 Q3 14,209
    2008 Q4 9,416
    ...
    2014 Q1 3,126
    2014 Q2 4,337
    2014 Q3 5,763
    2014 Q4 6,929
    2015 Q1 5,113
    2015 Q2 5,437
    2015 Q3 6,334
    2015 Q4 6,780
    2016 Q1 4,634
    2016 Q2 5,767
    2016 Q3 6,894
    2016 Q4 7,596
    2017 Q1 5,843
    2017 Q2 6,761
    2017 Q3 8,082
    2017 Q4 8,709
    2018 Q1 6,402
    2018 Q2 7,381
    2018 Q3 8,727
    2018 Q4 9,613
    2019 Q1 6,673
    2019 Q2 7,987
    2019 Q3 9,486
    2019 Q4 9,941
    2020 Q1 6,925
    2020 Q2 5,034
    2020 Q3 6,366
    2020 Q4 10,164
    2021 Q1 7,294


  • Registered Users Posts: 68,752 ✭✭✭✭L1011


    NZ, which a few posters frequently big up as where they want to go, at #1.


  • Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr


    L1011 wrote: »
    NZ, which a few posters frequently big up as where they want to go, at #1.

    I recently bought a house in Auckland and believe me, if you are looking for affordable housing, don't come to NZ


  • Registered Users Posts: 2,851 ✭✭✭CrabRevolution


    Timmyr wrote: »
    I recently bought a house in Auckland and believe me, if you are looking for affordable housing, don't come to NZ

    I read an article recently about Auckland being rated the most liveable city on earth or somesuch, to the total bafflement of the inhabitants of Auckland considering it was also recently ranked in the top 5 least affordable cities for housing on earth.


  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr


    I read an article recently about Auckland being rated the most liveable city on earth or somesuch, to the total bafflement of the inhabitants of Auckland considering it was also recently ranked in the top 5 least affordable cities for housing on earth.

    yes, apparently it was heavily weighted on the covid situation here


  • Registered Users Posts: 13,503 ✭✭✭✭Mad_maxx


    Timmyr wrote: »
    I recently bought a house in Auckland and believe me, if you are looking for affordable housing, don't come to NZ

    Or well built ones


  • Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭Timmyr


    Mad_maxx wrote: »
    Or well built ones

    To be honest, thats a bit of a myth, our house is very well built as are most new builds.

    Granted a lot of older homes are sh1t


Advertisement