Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dungeons & Dragons: Dark Alliance

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,459 ✭✭✭Niska

Gave it a quick spin before heading to work (preloaded from gamepass)- just the practice area with the dwarf.

Seems fun enough - usual Soul's lite controls - RB light attack, RT Heavy Attack, LB block etc. Looking forward to a more thorough outing this evening, and see how the loot and progression goes.

• Registered Users Posts: 74 ✭✭Lujan

Skerries wrote: »
    so is anyone going to to pick this one up
    It looks good and it gets a good review from PC Gamer but that was the only one according to Metacritic with most saying it has bugs
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dungeons-dragons-dark-alliance/critic-reviews
    I might leave it for a while and wait for it to be patched

I haven't used my PS4 in about 12months and was about it throw it up into the attic.
    I only heard about this game last week and I have been mulling over buying it since.
    I loved the old Dark Alliance games on the PS2 and as for the book series, so I am not sure if I want it for nostalgia reasons.
    Having read some of the reviews though, I think I will have to give it a miss.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

Currently downloading on Xbox Gamepass, looks very promising for a game that wasn't on my radar at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,067 ✭✭✭Gunmonkey

Well thats encouraging...organised with my friends to play it this evening :D

Cant wait to see if its as bad as it looks.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

Skerries wrote: »
    so is anyone going to to pick this one up
    It looks good and it gets a good review from PC Gamer but that was the only one according to Metacritic with most saying it has bugs
    https://www.metacritic.com/game/pc/dungeons-dragons-dark-alliance/critic-reviews
    I might leave it for a while and wait for it to be patched

Think it's going to take more than a patch to save this game. Maybe a different more talented development team. It's a total mess.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,572 ✭✭✭EoinHef

Hmmm,I like the idea of this game. General gameplay looks ok. The technical issues though,ill be putting this on the follow list. See how it is down the road

• Registered Users Posts: 10,299 ✭✭✭✭BloodBath

I don't even know if fixing the technical issues alone will help, as a lot of the problems seems to stem from silly design decisions that are too deeply embedded into the core of the game.

The gameplay is like an early alpha build with lots of missing and unfinished systems with polished graphics laid over the top.

Advertisement