Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for new job question

Options
  • 21-06-2021 4:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Hi all, I’m currently looking for a new job due to no progression available in my current company. I’ve been here over 10 years and I can’t progress any further. If I post on LinkedIn etc about wanting a new career path etc can my current company do anything ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 79 ✭✭Dublin Lad2021

Hi all, I’m currently looking for a new job due to no progression available in my current company. I’ve been here over 10 years and I can’t progress any further. If I post on LinkedIn etc about wanting a new career path etc can my current company do anything ?

Hi OP,

They can't do anything to you to be honest, you're just probably going to be passed over for opportunities if they do arise. I don't know what industry you are in but for me unless you've talked to your boss about your desire to leave, I wouldn't post anything on LinkedIn just get my CV updated and applying for roles and sending to recruiters in your industry

Advertisement