Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Options for Camping close to Cork City

• 21-06-2021 2:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 911 ✭✭✭

I have been looking forward to taking my son (4yo) camping for some time now, and I think we can just manage it on the e-bike with trailer from the east of cork city.

There aren't many commercial campsites (one near inch beach) and probably most would get booked up.

What other options are there for camping in this vicinity ? Wild camping is probably always an option, but I would be more keen to explore other legit options (scout campsites, forest recreation spaces, bushcraft groups or approachable landowners), before chancing my arm on that.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,177 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Bluebell woods Midleton has some nice spots. You can probably find a patch thats in off the path a bit so unlikely to be discovered by passers by

• Registered Users Posts: 757 ✭✭✭Agent_47

Start round Easter, or else you’ll kill the enthusiasm. Any of the mountains should have camping nearby for exploring.

looking forward to doing Slieve League in Donegal myself in 2022

Advertisement