Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
New AMA with a US police officer (he's back!). You can ask your questions here

Building a small porch, possible to do it myself ?

• 21-06-2021 2:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 698 ✭✭✭ oB1

Would it be possible ( and doable ? ) to build a small porch to my existing semi-d home myself ? I would intend to keep it to the 2 square metres in area so as to avoid the planning process.

I am generally good at DIY and handy work, and would throw my hand to anything, but I am by no means an expert.

Would I be better trying to find someone to do it for me ? What would I generally need to consider by doing such a project.

Input welcomed, thank you!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 31,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Gumbo

oB1 wrote: »
    Would it be possible ( and doable ? ) to build a small porch to my existing semi-d home myself ? I would intend to keep it to the 2 square metres in area so as to avoid the planning process.

I am generally good at DIY and handy work, and would throw my hand to anything, but I am by no means an expert.

Would I be better trying to find someone to do it for me ? What would I generally need to consider by doing such a project.

Input welcomed, thank you!

Technically it’s possible. But it’s based on your competency.

Doffing for foundations. Reinforcement placement. Sub floor build up. Concrete floors, insulation, finishing and roofing.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,128 ✭✭✭ 10-10-20

This is a bit light on detail... but it's what it is.

Advertisement