Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Advice on Smart Watches/Fitness Trackers

• 21-06-2021 11:46am
    Registered Users Posts: 171 ✭✭

Hey,
    Im looking to buy a smart watch/fitness tracker (approx €200 to €250) and wondering if anyone can recommend in relation to either a Samsung watch (i have a samsung mobile), Garmin or Fitbit.

I do some running so id suppose I want to be able to record this and steps etc.

I have heard that the samsung is not as good in relation to tracking steps and distance etc. Is this true??

Any recommendations or info appreciated.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,729 ✭✭✭✭Inquitus

Hey,
    Im looking to buy a smart watch/fitness tracker (approx €200 to €250) and wondering if anyone can recommend in relation to either a Samsung watch (i have a samsung mobile), Garmin or Fitbit.

I do some running so id suppose I want to be able to record this and steps etc.

I have heard that the samsung is not as good in relation to tracking steps and distance etc. Is this true??

Any recommendations or info appreciated.

Thanks

Make sure you get one with GPS, so any exercise you do is accurately tracked. The HR Monitors don't work very well as they need to be held very snug to your skin for accurate reading and it is uncomfortable to wear the watch that tight.

Advertisement