Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summer Solstice 2021

Options
  • 21-06-2021 6:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭

Summer Solstice 2021

Today is the longest day of the year!

Drums please!
    Summer, summer, summertime, time to sit back and unwind, summertime. Here it is the groove slightly transformed ....
    Well on the way to the whole population being vaccinated, with light at the end of the tunnel, shops and pubs slowly opening (in fits & starts) so lets hope the summertime gets even better as we slowly emerge into the sunshine, free of restrictions & lockdowns. And just think of the summers of the past, adjust the base and let the Alpine blast ...

All hail the druids, all hail the Fresh Prince :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,690 ✭✭✭Nigzcurran

Summer Solstice 2021

Drums please!
    Summer, summer, summertime, time to sit back and unwind, summertime. Here it is the groove slightly transformed ....
    Well on the way to the whole population being vaccinated, with light at the end of the tunnel, shops and pubs slowly opening (in fits & starts) so lets hope the summertime gets even better as we slowly emerge into the sunshine, free of restrictions & lockdowns. And just think of the summers of the past, adjust the base and let the Alpine blast ...

Thanks pal that cheered me up!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

It’s all downhill from here.

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 2,807 ✭✭✭ShatterAlan

Summer Solstice 2021

Drums please!

So now the days start getting shorter.....yeah thanks for that, rockhead.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,458 ✭✭✭Badly Drunk Boy

So now the days start getting shorter.....yeah thanks for that, rockhead.

Is it Christmas yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

It’s all downhill from here.

Wheee toboggan time!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,069 ✭✭✭✭fryup

So will the new age hippies be out in their droves tonight?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,541 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Is it Christmas yet?

Only 187 shopping days left!

The tide is turning…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

Hippies & Druids, live feed pulled.

And where are they now?

The little people of stone’enge

• Registered Users Posts: 3,133 ✭✭✭Hamsterchops

.... gone home?

Not sure what you're on about there :)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 48 Hint of Sarcasm

Someone on the Claire Byrne today said that the earliest surise was in fact last week some time. But the same person 'seemed' to imply that today was still the longest day. She mentioned a bunch of reasons for this early sunset last week... the only one that made sense to me... was that it was something to do with the 'wobble' of the Earth due to how fast it is going as it is moving around the sun!!??

I’m about to drop some LSD here on Inishboffin and I ain’t no hippy.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,023 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

Someone on the Claire Byrne today said that the earliest sunset was in fact last week some time. But the same person 'seemed' to imply that today was still the longest day. She mentioned a bunch of reasons for this early sunset last week... the only one that made sense to me... was that it was something to do with the 'wobble' of the Earth due to how fast it is going as it is moving around the sun!!??

The earliest sunset is in December.
    I was up at half 4 this morn. It was no bright, as it was pretty overcast. Was up at a similar time last week on a clear morning and it was much brighter. Does a sunrise really happen if nobody sees it?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,182 ✭✭✭Ubbquittious

Grand contraction in d'Yevening

• Registered Users Posts: 20,553 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Someone on the Claire Byrne today said that the earliest sunset was in fact last week some time. But the same person 'seemed' to imply that today was still the longest day. She mentioned a bunch of reasons for this early sunset last week... the only one that made sense to me... was that it was something to do with the 'wobble' of the Earth due to how fast it is going as it is moving around the sun!!??

It depends where you are, but in Dublin you gain the extra daylight at the end of the day, not the morning.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/ireland/dublin?month=6&year

retalivity wrote: »
    The earliest sunset is in December.
    I was up at half 4 this morn. It was no bright, as it was pretty overcast. Was up at a similar time last week on a clear morning and it was much brighter. Does a sunrise really happen if nobody sees it?
    I meant to say sunrise! Edited it!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,117 ✭✭✭✭Junkyard Tom

Longest day but not latest sunset yet.

It depends where you are, but in Dublin you gain the extra daylight at the end of the day, not the morning.

https://www.timeanddate.com/sun/ireland/dublin?month=6&year
    Because it's in the East. But shouldn't that mean that Dublin will get the same amount less in the morning?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,475 ✭✭✭An Ri rua

Because it's in the East. But shouldn't that mean that Dublin will get the same amount less in the morning?

It should but, no, Dublin is weighted and, well, gets more of everything.

I’m about to drop some LSD here on Inishboffin and I ain’t no hippy.

:eek: nobody issue a storm warning? lines are severed and all I’ll bet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,437 ✭✭✭Sgt Hartman

It was bright going to bed at 10.30pm last night and bright getting up at 5.30am this morning. It's an awful time of year to be a vampire :D

Advertisement